Frequently Asked Questions relevant for faculties on Student Opportunity Center's Projects Portal
- What is this all about? How does SOC connect companies and college classrooms?
- Does my school have to be partnered with SOC for me to participate?
- What role does SOC play?
- Is this an internship or externship opportunity for students?
- Is there a cost to participate? If so, how much is it?
- How do I receive this stipend?
- How long does a company project take to complete?
- After I have registered and listed my course on SOC’s Project Portal, how will I be notified of interest?
- How do I review - edit - delete - archive my courses, projects?
- How do I add additional Administrators to the Portal to help me manage my Class Project?
- How do I block other companies from reaching out to me, once I've matched my course to a company?
- Can I add my own course(s) to your Project Portal at any time, without signing an agreement with SOC? What is the process?
- What is the optimal class size?
- Are the students paid for the projects?
- What will my expected time commitment be?
- Why do companies/industry partners like to do these EL projects?
- Do I choose which companies/projects to work with?